Distalizing Arch Instructions
Today you are starting a special appliance that will help move your top teeth backwards to help correct your bite.
It is very important that you follow these instructions EXACTLY!
1. Your elastics must be worn 24/7 (even eating!) NO EXCEPTIONS
a. 1 blue elastic and 1 green elastic on each side (unless told otherwise)
b. Change your elastics 3-4 times/day so they maintain their stretch
2. You must attend your 2.5 week appointments (so we can tailor the treatment to your needs)
What happens if you do not follow the above instructions?????
1. Your front teeth will stick out instead of your back teeth moving backwards
2. You can cause damage to your front teeth
3. You add months to your treatment time and WILL compromise your result